Sunday, February 7, 2010

Family Day/Night rescheduled

Well since our normal Friday night family night was cancelled, we moved it to Saturday and did not enjoy it just that evening, but during the day also.

The morning started off with me in the kitchen making biscuits and gravy and eggs for breakfast. It was the first time I attempted homemade gravy and it was decent. It was missing a little something but with practice I am sure I will get it perfect soon. Everyone ate it up like crazy and seemed to enjoy it.

After breakfast Mikey and I took a quick detour to the doctor to pick up his meds for the croup he caught from his sisters. During our little outing Michael washed his truck outside with some help from his two favorite girls. The cute ones. :)

Once we were all done with the needed activities, I was once again in the kitchen making lunch. Sometimes I feel like I should just move my bed in the kitchen. I wonder if I could find a bed set to match? Any who we all enjoyed the best sandwiches ever made. If I do say so myself.

After a relaxing bit on the couch off we went on a family run!! Yes that is right a FAMILY run. Mikey on a scooter, Sarah and Elizabeth in the jogging stroller while I pushed and Michael ready to take it on. So off we went. And a mile and a half later we did it!!! Now a mile and a half is not a great feat for me, but for my husband who till yesterday had never run a full mile a day in his life it was a welcoming accomplishment. I was so proud of him and I could tell by looking at him that he felt just as pleased with himself.

After we all showered and got cleaned up we were off to dinner. We were so excited to enjoy some delicious stir-fry at Mongolian Grill. Then came the disappointment of the day -IT WAS CLOSED!!! Now we have not been there in a long time but we were so bummed. There were no other stir-fry restaurants that could even compare to this place and we were all so upset. So as a second choice we headed over to Red Lobster. I remember Red Lobster used to actually taste good enough for the price. No so much anymore. But it was still nice. The kids behaved like angels and Sarah was happy as could be to be surrounded by shrimp and mushrooms.

So stomachs full we headed home for Wii tournaments!! After some great games of Mario and Kart and Bowling (which everyone played with no fighting) the day was over. Everyone went to bed happy. It was such a nice day I really did not want it to end. The memories made on this day are the ones I want my kids to remember forever. And there will be plenty more memories to come.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mike! Glad you had a nice family day! I almost feel like I am enjoying all this with you, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete